Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thing 10: The Virtual Library Branch

While I've heard terms like ebook, eaudiobook, mp3 player, ipod, and evideo I really could never understand what they all did. I spent about 45 minutes with Ricki N. who helped me download a book and a video. She really helped me make sense of the variety of things we have. It is incredible and I strongly recommend her help if you need someone to get you through Thing 10.

As for my thoughts on the Library website, I think it's incredible. It looks great---I especially like that the homepage changes weekly and the changing pictures each week always give it a fresh look (can we get a cat picture one of these weeks?) After looking at some of the 'best public library websites' I would recommend adding a page where patrons could give gifts/donations. AHML has this kind of page and allows people to charge their donations. Another addition might be to have photos of the Board members, along with some info on each---ie how long they've served on the Board, their terms, any committees they're on, their memberships, their qualifications, and an email link.

1 comment:

rich said...

Ricki is the best at explaining downloadable audiobooks, which is why she's giving a Tuesday Tech Talk on Jan. 8 :)